Build your confidence in working with numbers, data and statistics
2½ to 3½ hours tutorial style depending on numbers (maximum of four).
£320 per tutorial session for up to four people attending at your offices. Possible supplements depending on location, scheduling, and other requirements. Includes materials and follow-up feedback phone discussion.
Individual mini-tutorials for one person can be arranged, 1½ to 2 hours. Contact me to discuss your requirements.
The global movements to open data and big data means we are increasingly expected to be comfortable and confident in how we communicate our numbers.
A tutorial approach is used to help you understand:
- how the way numerical information is used can affect reputation and credibility
- how to explore data to reveal stories with richer, more compelling content
- what the common terms mean, how to use them and how to communicate with them – from averages, percentages and surveys to significance, uncertainty and risk
- how to visualise numbers effectively and with impact
- how to avoid the pitfalls that lead to confusion – and the hawk-eyed attention of the fact checkers!